Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need advice on surviving a high school switch?

I am moving to west virginia (from oklahoma) at the end of the semester. I am a junior in high school and i am freaking. The courses they offer aren't the same as my current school and neither are the extracurriculars . I am missing my prom and graduating with all my friends. I need advice on how to make this a positive experience or maybe just some tips for survival. Also, advice on how to make new friends in the middle of the year? I am so scared.I need advice on surviving a high school switch?
What part of West Virginia? It will be fine it's scary moving to a new place, but there are always people who are going to be friendly to you. Coming in the middle of the year can work to your advantage because at the beginning of the year while there are more new kids people normally stick to their cliques more. In the middle of the year if someone new comes a lot of people are going to want to get to know you. Just be friendly and polite and you'll fit in in no time at all. If you are taking a class which you have an interest in (choir, home ec, drama) try and make friends in there because you have something in common. If not just try and talk to as many people as you can and ask for help on the assignments from some of the people you have friend potential with. Good luck and it will be fine!I need advice on surviving a high school switch?
Oh wow, that's a huge change.


I made a change, but I didn't move. You just have to remain true to yourself. People will automatically be drawn to you because you're new. Just be kind, and very honest. As far as lunch goes, ask someone if you can eat with them. The people in Virginia are friendly , and though it's a big change, you're in good company.





This is a great websites about pretty much anything on our mind:


http://kidshealth.org/teen/





Starting School


http://kidshealth.org/teen/school_jobs/s鈥?/a>





What does it mean to be a friend?


http://kidshealth.org/teen/school_jobs/g鈥?/a>





Just have faith darling, you'll do fine. :-)
Try asking a staff member for help. http://www.onlinehighschoolreviews.com/V鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment