Sunday, July 25, 2010

I have corian countertops and I recently noticed candle wax stains on them and nothing seems to work. Advice?

although Du Pont claimst that Corian is non-porous and cannot be stained, those candle wax stains where candles used to stand, seem to be deep and irremovable. I even tried sanding, so far to no avail. Anyone else experienced this problem?I have corian countertops and I recently noticed candle wax stains on them and nothing seems to work. Advice?
You might just pour straight bleach or use a bleach pen on it and let it sit there for a while or overnight. Tilex has also worked for me on similar things, as it has bleach in it.I have corian countertops and I recently noticed candle wax stains on them and nothing seems to work. Advice?
Ice is great at removing candle wax.... If you take a icepack and place it on top of the spot for about 15 minutes. The wax should just pop off.


After I am done using Tart Warmers or Candles I take the holders and put them in the freezer for bout a 1/2 hour. When I remove the candle holder from the freezer the wax just pops right out. If it doesnt leave it in for 15 minutes longer.. But 30 should be enough
how about nail polish remover, this always seems to work for me!
did you try to place a cloth on the counter then run an iron over it to melt any wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment