Thursday, July 29, 2010

How can I keep my cat's and other cat's out of my new garden??Alot of advice?

I'm making a new garden, and I need some ways to keep them out, something that wont hurt them anyway, and keep them out.How can I keep my cat's and other cat's out of my new garden??Alot of advice?
Pine Needles for the bedding.





There is also some spray called cat away that will not harm your plants.How can I keep my cat's and other cat's out of my new garden??Alot of advice?
moth balls sprinkled around. dtlts
My mom had this problem, I'm not sure how you made your garden, but if it is planted in some kind of box you can take chicken wire and put it on top of your garden (if the plants are still small) and use a staple gun to secure it to the sides. The plants will grow up through it and it will not hurt there growth. Th only problem we had was with carrots and lettuce. We would plant them by the edges so we could pull up the to reach them. You can also take wire cutters when the plants get bigger and cut larger areas for the plants to come through. I hope this helps! It's not the best looking solution but as soon as the plants get bigger you don't notice the wire very much and you can also pant the wire if you like. Hope this helps!!
That's a challenge. One good way to work it is to ';share'; the garden with them. In one corner or on the other side of the yard, away from the plants you don't want disturbed, plant some catnip and catgrass. Be careful, though. Catnip is part of the mint family and it can spread all over your garden. Your best bet is to get a live plant and plant it IN the pot (meaning leave it in the pot and plant the pot), or cut the bottom of the pot out so that the roots grow deep. You could plant a whole catnip patch someplace entirely away from the garden but not in it, as well. There are also herb sachets you can buy from some companies that, supposedly, cats don't like, but if your cat likes you and you're in the garden, and there's that nice, freshly tilled new soil, well, that's temptation above and beyond. You could also mulch your garden with straw after planting, which will both save water and weeding on your part, and make the garden a little less tempting for the furball. But I've had the best luck with planting a ';garden'; just for the cats. Trust me, they'd rather have the catnip than your people-plants.
keep them inside
get dog hair and put around the plants..keeps rabbits...ect...out...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment