Thursday, July 29, 2010

I keep downloading torrent files and other types that I can't play. I have taken others advice and downloaded ?

VLC media player as well as DivX and K-light codecs(I have no idea what those mean). I use Utorrent which downloads just fine I just can't play anything I download particularly torrent files. How do I get files that I can actually play?I keep downloading torrent files and other types that I can't play. I have taken others advice and downloaded ?
If you mean you're trying to play the .torrent files, you need to open the torrent file in uTorrent and download the actual file(s) that those torrent files point to. A torrent file is like a hyperlink. The link itself doesn't contain any information; when you click it, it points your browser to the page. It's the same with torrents. You open it and it points your torrent client to the file(s) you're trying to download.





VLC Player plays basically every video format known to man, so if you can't play a video with VLC then the video itself is probably corrupted.I keep downloading torrent files and other types that I can't play. I have taken others advice and downloaded ?
You need to download more than just the torrent, the torrent is a very small file like 30 kb. You have to get a program like BitLord that uses the torrent to download the actual file your after. The file you download may be in zip or rar format so you'll need to learn how to open them.Video files need the right codecs to open.Also not all torrents are illegal a lot of music and television sites use them.I think they are a lot safer and faster than other peer to peer solutions such as Limewire.
There are too many variables... you may be downloading compressed files... or virtual images... or trying the wrong program for the file types you have downloaded... post more info...





(file name) . (extension)





Thats a good place to start... if you can email me, or im me... I'll be able to help more.
.torrent files don't actually contain any information other than how to download a series of files. Open a .torrent file with Utorrent and it will start downloading the file. You'll be able to see its download progress.
I am sorry, but downloading most things from Torrent sites is illegal, most don't work and a lot of them carry terrible viruses and spyware.


Good luck with that.
i use bit comet and download the torrents witch change into mp3 format or whatever format it mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment