Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need your advice on what books should I start reading?

I want start reading more novels and watch less TV so what should I start with?I need your advice on what books should I start reading?
What interest you? If I were to simply start naming titles, you would not like any. If television truly bores you or take up too much of your time, you should read non fiction. Why go from one fantasy to another? You might as well continue to watch t.v. at least it has moving pictures.





Take that time to explore the world through reading. Enlarge your territory. Know that you have truly benefited, when someone is talking about a given topic and you know what he/she is discussing. I too plan to watch less glass screen and read more.I need your advice on what books should I start reading?
Fantasy - The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien


The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien


Children of Hurin by Christopher Tolkien


Harry Potter series by JK Rowling


Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


Anything from Pratchett and Steven King


Inheritance Trilogie by Christopher Paolini





Other - The Pelican Brief by John Grisham


The Bourne series by Robert Ludlum





Classics - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


A farewell to arms by Ernest Hemmingway


The complete works of William Shakespeare








These should be a good place to start!
Well done on taking that decision! Its one that you want regret!





I see me and MB have very similiar tastes in books; she said everything i was gonna say!





You cant go wrong with Stephen King. I suggest trying his collections of short stories to begin with.'; Nightmares and Dreamscapes'; is a great collection, really shows off Kings variety and style, but its all in bite sized chunks so you dont have to concentrate too long. However, most of his novels are hoooooj, but dont be intimidated, once the King has you in his grasp, you just cant put his books down!


And to be honest, hes not THAT scary. I always read last thing at night; if he was, i would have pretty disturbing dreams...





For something lighter, try Douglas Adams's Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (a trilogy in 4 parts). Really hilarious.


Must be the most quoted book on the internet.


(If you'r reading a thread and wondering whats so special about 42, read this and you'll know)





Someone with a very similiar sense of humour is Terry Pratchett, tho he writes fantasy instead of SF. His Discworld series is brilliant, and is the most shoplifted books (after the Bible). It starts off with ';The Colour of Magic';, and hes still writing in this series. Theres something like 35+ books!





Staying with fantasy, give Harry Potter a try. Seriously! The movies arent anything like the books!





And Cakes has an excellent idea: get a library membership. That way you can choose what you like without actually shelling out your hard earned cash...
Become a member of your local library. Browse a while, and soon you will find yourself attracted to certain sections of literature that interest you.
Depends on what you like , do like fiction or non-fiction , Bioaugraphies,etc...


Im almost finish with the Autobiography of Steven Gerrard - good read...and im gonna start with In Black and White - Jake White...
I read everything I can get my hands on so if you are not such a strong or good reader I would advise that you start with fiction, the one I enjoy the most are the Alex Cross stories from James Patterson. Easy writing, gets your attention right from the start and you wont stop reading until you finished the book.





I saw someone said Harry Potter and got thumbs down, but he is right, very easy to read.
T.D Jakes....Woman Thou Art Loosed...';bestselling book';


';';';Her name is Michelle.As a child she calls her grandma Mama,her mom by her 1st name,and her mothers boyfriends Uncle.She grew up fast with too many man,too many strangers,and too many betrayals.Lost and sentenced to a private hell of abuse,addiction,poverty and crime. Michelle has now given a second life to reclaim her life. But first she has to believe in possible. She has to believe in herself.





2. E LYNN HARRIS...';WHAT BECOMES OF A BROKEN HEART';


I love this book, i finished reading it within 2 days.


3. E LYNN. HARRIS.....';I Say A Little Prayer';


A story filled with s..e...x, humor and plenty of plot twists.


4.E LYNN HARRIS...';If This World Were Mine';


Harris explores the intimacies of friendship with a sensitive eye....


5. Searching for God Know What'; Donald Miller';


';
I would say you shouldn't box yopurself from the start......do a fair mix of fiction and non-fiction......you'll develop a particular interest and take it from there......I hardly read fiction......most of my books are about real people and life situations - biographies, business, politics, philosophy, psychology etc....I spend most of my time writing speeches for business people and politicians.....so I read many books worth reading......





Remember - ';reading is to the mind what excercise is to the body';...you should create your own rhythm....
Hmmmm ..... how are you ever going to finish a book if you have restless legs syndrome? Start with the You magazine, not too much concentration.
If you like fiction then


obviously Harry Potter, Inheritance triology


You could even read biographies
You should read Maya Angelou's '; Hallelujah The Welcome Table. Definitely the best book ever. You will not be sorry.
  • microdermabrasion
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment