Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is your advice on moving to Atlanta?

I am seriously considering relocating to Atlanta, GA. I currently live in Detroit, so at this point any place is probably better. I have a bachelors (communications), and a steady work history.





What is the job market like? Where should I research demographics? Those who have relocated there recently, do you like it?





My biggest concern is finding secure employment, I figure everything else will come together once I have an anchor (job) in place. With that said, how should I market my resume and/or cover letter to reflect relocation?What is your advice on moving to Atlanta?
I've lived in the Atlanta area for over 15 years. I would not want to discourage you, however, PLEASE make sure you have a job WAITING for you. Keep in mind that the area is full of degree-holding, well educated, well connected individuals. The job market is about the same as any other greater metropolitan area. Seek and you shall find, but being chosen is what you want.





Demographics - check http://factfinder.census.gov/home/saff/main.html?_lang=en





you can find good info. on their website.





I like the area, although my move was made many yrs. ago. The party-people and club-goers REALLY like it. I would love it, however, if I had more money to enjoy all that it has to offer, and it does have a lot to offer. There's always a show (play, movie, concert, etc.) to go to, or a restaurant you haven't tried, or places to meet people with similar interests to your own.





You truly have to keep a positive attitude, even if the Ataliens don't. But I guess that's no matter where you live. Also, when one of my closest relatives expressed an interest in moving to the Atlanta area, I told her, ';it's not easy to live here';. She didn't, and I have to say I think she made the right decision. And I would have LOVED to have her near me.





And one last thing (I don't know if you are married - but), seeing and having heard the many horror stories, I would NOT move here if I was married.





Best wishesWhat is your advice on moving to Atlanta?
My advice for moving to Atlanta? Move out of Atlanta.
  • microdermabrasion
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment