Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some advice about freshwater tank?

I have 2 4 inch telescope eye goldfish. I have a problem with the algae and mulm in my tank. Can i add a Albino Bristlenose Plecostomus since they stay small? Would that be overcrouding my 30 gallon tank. My tank is cycled and has perfect chemistry. Im scared about the tempertature difference.I need some advice about freshwater tank?
What temperature does your tank stay it?.





Bristlenose plecos are tropical and need to be kept over about 70F (21C) at ALL times. Your fancy goldfish can handle cooler tropical temps, so there is some overlap.





While keeping tropicals and goldfish is generally not reccomended, it could be done with those species, but I suggest you get a heater and set it to a low temp.





The brisltenose will eat a lot of algae, but will just convert it to pleco poop, so get a gravel vac as well.





IanI need some advice about freshwater tank?
Plecos should be kept in water above 70-75 degrees.





I believe goldfish require cold water.





Go to your local aquarium or call them and ask them if you can add a pleco to a goldfish tank.





I don't think so but check it out.
i don't think it would be over crowding, but plecos are tropical fish so keeping them in cold water will kill them. it would be better if you just got some snails they also eat algae and can stand cold water

No comments:

Post a Comment