Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am teaching myself cake decorating and would like advice on how to do sugarpaste stripes on a soccer shirt?

As the team colours are quite thick black and white stripes, how do you get the vertical bands so precise on sugarpaste. Is the cake covered in white and then the black stripes painted on? I would love to know how to do it as I am designing a soccer based cake with the team badge in the centre (which is already painted onto a seperate plaque.)I am teaching myself cake decorating and would like advice on how to do sugarpaste stripes on a soccer shirt?
fondant colored black since the natural is white.. you make 2 batches .. and stripes lining them up as you wish.. after cut.. there is a tool you can get with more than one cutter that looks like a pizza cutter.. or you can use a pasta roller with a cutting blade.. you can always try measuring by hand and cutting..I am teaching myself cake decorating and would like advice on how to do sugarpaste stripes on a soccer shirt?
For sugar paste use a protective edge that you can pull up after you have laid your strips down this concept is almost like painters tape and it will give you a very smooth line.

No comments:

Post a Comment