Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why people advice you to eat ice cream if you have sore throat?

I kept getting this advice last winter while I was having sore throat and I tried to eat ice cream. It felt good while eatting but soon after I got worst and developed fever even. I then went back to my remedy: warm water with honey and lemon.


Why this advice when for me it made me worst? Does it work for some people?Why people advice you to eat ice cream if you have sore throat?
that advice is dumb, never follow it again haha


the cold will act like an ice pack and make your throat stop hurting for a little while. however, when the numbing wears off, the cold irritates youor throat and in the long term makes your throat much worse. warmth will help! warm water is a good idea. so is tea or hot chocolate, or tying a scarf around your throat and not going out in the cold ;)Why people advice you to eat ice cream if you have sore throat?
The cold temporarily numbs the tissues of the throat and decreases the pain. Your illness was getting worse on it's own last winter and had nothing to do with eating ice cream. If warm feels better to you, then do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment