Sunday, July 25, 2010

I am confused about how to get started with a home accessory line, can someone offer any advice?

I am not sure whether I should try to get a patend for my ideas or get a copyright for them. These are ideas that I have drawn on paper and would like to eventually present them to different companies and get them manufactured. They are for bathroom accessories, throw rugs and pillows,comforter sets, and vases. This is a passion and a dream of mine that I would like to see come true, can anyone offer any helpful advice. Thanks in advance!I am confused about how to get started with a home accessory line, can someone offer any advice?
Well I can tell you from experience getting a Patent on the the products is probably going to run you in the neighborhood of $10,000. Copyrights are nice but may not apply in your product of choice.


What you really need to ask yourself is what company in america makes bathroom accessories? Not too many, actually i can't think of one.


Lots of that stuff comes from overseas.


I would try get a contact from overseas to see if you could have them make the products you want and try to sell them yourself here. Start small then grow big.

No comments:

Post a Comment