Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to keep my child motivated in playing music, any advice?

My eight year old has days were he seems into playing and learning the bass, he is currently in a band with kids a few years older than him and now that the first performance is coming up he has been saying he doesn't want to do it anymore. He has natural talent and don't want him to stop - what can I say or do to keep him interested and really begin to love it?


I know he would regret it later in life if he loses out on this opportunity. Especially since this young band is doing so well - I don't want them disappointed either...


Thoughts?How to keep my child motivated in playing music, any advice?
I dont know but you shouldn't really put pressure on him, that will make him want to drift away from it. If he really has a true passion with him I'm sure he'll realize and pick it back up, even if he is older when he does it.
  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment