Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I get my boyfriend to accept some fashion advice?

We're currently battling this issue. We're both about 22, soon to be college graduates, and I'm just looking for some maturity. He wears close that are too big for him, including an assortment of cartoon character t-shirts. I'd just like both of us to dress like adults.





Whenever we have this discussion (argument), he tells me he just wants to be comfortable and that I need to accept him as he is. I love him very much, is there something wrong with my request?How do I get my boyfriend to accept some fashion advice?
no lol your always going to be attracted to some things, thats not your fault.











a good way to make him try is go shopping with him, then brib him cutely to try on something then, reward him if he does and if it looks good, compliments, sexual things, lol, anything that will help think, oh wowww, she think i look hot in this, i should wear things like this! lolHow do I get my boyfriend to accept some fashion advice?
Honey, there is NOTHING wrong with your request.





I dated a guy who was two years older than me and wore cartoon/action figure type shirts ALL the time. T shirts. To dinner.





How I solved the problem, I just slowly and subtly started buying him nice shirts and stuff like that. I'd compliment him whenever he wore them and just gently nudged him along.





I guess don't pressure him but at the same time try to be supportive and help him along the way. Once he owns some new stuff that you gave him he'll probably wear it sooner or later.





A less popular strategy is to just start hiding or throwing out his ugly shirts slowly over the course of a few months and make it seem like youve got no idea what happened to them. Then he'll have no choice but to wear the shirts you get him :P





I dunno, hope that helps.
tell him he doesn't need to be perfect or a style expert, but he needs to look decent.


tell him he needs to dress more maturely because you need an equal.


if you wanted to date a fifteen year old, you'd find one lol.


then go shopping with him for basic items, like jeans, shirts, jackets %26amp; hoodies, and shoes


if you want you could even buy an item for him.
well you'd like to spiff up your boyfriend, but guys don't like to take anyones advice, especially about their comfort clothes. So you're between a rock and a hard place arent' you? I'd keep the peace and leave him alone. When his bday rolls 'round but him what YOU think he should wear.
Kay, seriously, you can look mature, wear nice clothes AND be comfy!!


No sacrifice at all...


A suggestion which may or may not work is to buy him something...like a stylish, MATURE (!!!) t shirt that is his size, and get him to wear it...maybe even a whole outfit??


and your suggestion really isn't that outrageous. It's clothes. You're not getting him to become something he's not.


Hope this helps : )
Why not go shopping with him? Point him in the direction of some nice clothes, and be complimentary (don't exaggerate it too much, but sound genuine)
Tell him to buy Ed Hardy, it's some class of cartoon T-Shirts that looks really good.
Why is he your boyfriend if you are trying to change him ???
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are trying to do for him!


I mean , on the contrary, you are only trying to make him look better!! Well in my opinion, if a man does not care about the choice of his clothing than the best way to make him care is to let him see that he can feel just as comfortable in more fashionable and more appropriate outfits for his age...


Sure his answer may be ';the most important thing is to be comfortable in your clothes'; but you can just tell him that that is true but you can also at the same time look like an actual 22 year old college graduate instead of a 15 year old video playing punk...


(ok a bit harsh but you know what i麓m saying)


My ex boyfriend was like that too... One day I just bought him a pair of shoes that i made him wear and from then on I kinda changed his whole wardrobe.. So take it step by step! Show him that you love him for what he is and that you are NOT trying to change him in any way but that you are just trying to show him that a change is sometimes good! tell him that the way you dress gives a certain impression on other people... and if he wants to be taken serious he is going to have to adapt his clothing a little bit..


Show him some men fashion websites perhaps??


Like


http://modeman.feber.se/


http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/


Both websites feature a lot of great dressed men!!!!


:) I hope this wasnt too superficial! good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment