Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the best advice you ever got about being pregnant?

I was just wondering. I know it is the time when everybody tells you what to do and what to eat. I know it can get really annoying. But was there something that someone said to you that really helped you out?What is the best advice you ever got about being pregnant?
i got one REALLY useful bit of advice (out of the thousands of unwanted ones). I'm happy to pass it on to you:





after the 3 month mark, every time you go grocery shopping pick up a package or box of diapers. different sizes and different brands. $10 - $20 every couple weeks now makes life much easier than waiting till the baby is here and you are buying all the other unexpected things. tape the receipt to the outside of the package so if it turns out you bought too many of one size you can exchange it for a bigger one. wal mart is great for this. also it helps prevent a 2am trip to the store with a poopy baby since you ran out and didn't realize it.





congrats and good luck!What is the best advice you ever got about being pregnant?
Rest, Rest, Rest as much as you can and drink lots of Water
All the advice people gave me are pretty much BS. Doesn't help. It's just from what they heard. Most likely OLD WIVES TALE kinda stuff. But a good advice from my experience is to REST A LOT. AND drink a lot of water.
if your worried ask your midwife! worry is bad for both of you and your midwife will be happy to discuss anything with you. you might think its minor and its major and you might think its major and its minor, its always best to put your mind at rest.
Relax and enjoy pregnancy because the next 6 months (after baby) you won't have time to relax.
Take in every pregnancy moment--and treat it as a special event. It goes by so fast that you forget to enjoy what you are experiencing.





This was particularly true for me when I first felt my son move. Everytime he moves now, even though I'm 38 weeks and he is kicking me something awful because he is running out of room--I pause and just enjoy the moment. Being pregnant has been a truly amazing experience!
Dont rush it!!!








At first I was thinking WTF is wrong with the old lady.... But I understand what she was saying about 3 months after I gave birth. Just enjoy everything positive about your pregnancy. Write everthing down. Like the first time they kicked and what your day has been like. What you thought when you saw tha ultrasound for that first time. You dont want to ever forget that!!!
';f.u.c.k. what other's think'; -you are an adult now which means for the first time in your life you are going to have to make adult decisions. You may think you have done this before, but you haven't. You are going to have to do things you don't want to do in order to be the person you've only dreamt of being. Get in touch with everything TRULY important to you: religious matters, family, responsibilities.. rid yourself of any pride and flood yourself with forgiveness, be protective, but try not to lose your innocence [though most do]. As much as this is a physical thing, this is an emotional thing equally! You will be taking some serious strides in life right now, get ready!
The best advice i got was to walk alot, I'm glad i did, if i hadn't walk i probably gain more weight, i enjoyed the moment i walked cuz it was easier on my legs to push and hold the baby. the only thing is i had so much water in my feet for being on my feet alot. but that didn't bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment