Saturday, August 21, 2010

I would like to start a sewing buisness and need advice?

I want to do mending at home, like putting in zippers, fixing tears, hemming and alterations but have no idea what to charge people. I am disabled and figured it would bring in a little extra income.I would like to start a sewing buisness and need advice?
GREAT idea! When I was a kid my mom had a friend who did the same thing and she got so overwhelmed with ';little jobs'; that she actually had to hire some help. I really wish there was someone in my area who did that type of thing! As the previous poster suggested, I would call around to dome places in your area that do similar work and pretend you're pricing alterations that you need done. Just get a rough idea of what they charge and then make your prices just slightly lower so you can build a good customer base. You can always increase your prices later.I would like to start a sewing buisness and need advice?
I don't know what people usually charge for that kind of thing, but you can definitely call places that give that kind of service and ask what they charge. You know, sewing shops and stuff like that. Act like you're wanting to get something fixed and ask them the price they would be charging.

No comments:

Post a Comment