Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need some advice on painting my exterior..I have a ranch style tri level home?

It has a cream yellow brick veneer. I want suggestions on what to paint the garage door, trim and siding? The roof has a dark reddish brown shingle.I need some advice on painting my exterior..I have a ranch style tri level home?
to really make your creamy bricks pop out I'd suggest Hunter Green or Forest Green. Beige will make your walls look pale and unimagintaive. be bold. Take a chance. At least I would if it were mine. Good luck and I am sure whatever color you pick, you will love.I need some advice on painting my exterior..I have a ranch style tri level home?
WHITE TRIM WILL HELP MAKE YOUR CREAMY COLOR SEEM A LITTLE MORE BOLD AND WON'T CONTRAST WITH THE ROOF, IF YOU LIKE THE ROOF COLOR YOU COULD ACCENT IT BY PAINTING THE GARAGE DOOR AND FRONT DOOR THE SAME COLOR. THE SIDING WOULD PROBABLY LOOK BEST IN A CREAM TO MATCH THE BRICK. GOOD LUCK.
You might consider painting the siding in a medium toned sage green. This will tone down the red hue in the roof and will also make the veneer less yellow. I would then try to match the color of the brick as closely as possible to paint the porch posts, trim and the garage door. If there are shutters look for a muddy green color. The same green color could be used to paint around any windows or raised panel embellishments on the garage door. If you are one of the brave souls who want to paint the front door in contrast, rather than the red color you see so much of these days with various color combinations, I would chooses something more like a burnt sienna or similar (remember the roof tile has a redish brown cast to it). Good luck!
I would keep the color family by painting it a maroon color
I just don't know how you have a ranch tri level?
If you want the roof and all to be compatible try a burnt orange, but navy blue might be nice otherwise.
paint it beige

No comments:

Post a Comment