Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just got my nipples pierced. Does anybody have any advice on caring for new piercings?

I have done alot of research and have some idea of what to do, but I am just wondering if anyone has any more advice.I just got my nipples pierced. Does anybody have any advice on caring for new piercings?
Don't put anything like Neosporin or Bacitracin on your piercings. It says right on them that they are not for puncture wounds, and that's exactly what a piercing is. They do not allow oxygen to get to the piercing and you need oxygen to heal!





Only move the piercing when it is CLEAN. I recommend moving it in the shower. The water helps move it. Speaking of showering, always make sure that any soap or anything is completely rinsed from the piercing.





Clean your piercing once or twice a day. This varies from person to person. I started out cleaning mine with anti bacterial soap twice a day but it dried it out too much. I had to adjust my routine. For me it was cleaning it in my morning shower with antibacterial soap and doing a sea-salt soak in the evening.





In my opinion, the sea salt soak is the best. Just make sure that your salt to water ratio is correct.





If you are on the go a lot, I suggest getting Bactine spray. It works well, it's portable, and it's easy to use. And you don't have to worry about missing a cleaning because you aren't home.





When I got mine done, I had to sleep with a tight shirt on for about 6 months. If I didn't I would wake myself up if I snagged my ring on something. Just a tank top or sports bra or otherwise snug shirt.





But the BEST advice I can give you....contact your piercer or another PROFESSIONAL piercer for information or to answer any other questions you may have.





Happy healing!I just got my nipples pierced. Does anybody have any advice on caring for new piercings?
I just made sure I kept them nice and clean in the shower every day with antibacterial soap and nightly with a q-tip %26amp; soap/water. I do have something to pass on to you though if your interested in knowing. I took mine out because I was wearing a dress for a party and you could really see my rings through it. I figured no big deal it's only for about 4 hours. When I got back home that night I couldn't get anything back in the holes. They had closed up that fast and I had them done for about a year. I had no idea they would close up so fast. I was heartbroken, but I wasn't about to put myself through the pain again. Good luck to you!
salt water soaks helped me...they were sore for a while afterwards
well .. you should've asked the piercer.





I've had mine pierced once (2006) but I took them off.





Any way .. but here's waht you do. You need to put some anti-bactoria medicine on your nipples, clean them daily, and move your ring at least 2 times a day to make sure it doesn't get stuck. if stuff (liquid or hard) is coming off then don't worry .. it's just Healing. it'll take about 2 months to heal maybe jsut amonth but it'll hurt once you put a new ring on so don't plan on doing thatfir anothe 2 months
Good old salt water has healed all of mine. Use half a teaspoon in a small glass of very hot water (as hot as you can comfortably stand) and invert it over the piercing creating a seal. Works very well with nipples and navels. Pat dry with a clean paper towel and leave well alone. Do this twice a day for the first few weeks. Works a treat. I also take a course of zinc tablets from a health shop. Gives your immune system a good boost to help you heal.
neosporin or iodine.
yay i have to say somthing.


u won't be able to breast feed.
I WANT MY NIPPLE PIERCED! did it hurt?


Umm.. savlon is good for piercings to heal. Use the spray though.
Keep them clean, any antibacterial soap will do, Dial can be very drying. If you find after a month or so that they still hurt, try replacing the rings with barbells. I have large breasts, and when I had mine pierced, they wouldn't seem to heal completely. As soon as I got the barbells, I didn't have any further problems. (get them fitted by a piercer)





Just remember once they fully heal, they are like earrings,they will never close. I go without wearing mine for months on end, and can still put them in when I want.
Salty water:)
everytime you take a shower wash them with dial anti-bacterial soap


and use some sea salt (H2Ocean) every once in a while if they are getting crusty
just use warm saline solution or salt water for soaks twice a day and pretty much leave them alone. no soaps! no ointments! try not to get them caught on your clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment