Monday, August 23, 2010

I am a young actress and I find experience a lot of anxiety leading up to auditions and callbacks?Any advice?

It usually begins in the hour leading up to an audition. My stomach begins to feel queasy, my legs go weak, and my heart starts racing. Sometimes I consider canceling the audition. Outwardly I can maintain a facade of confidence and calmness, but inside it's a different story! Strangely, once an audition or callback


gets underway, I start to relax and open up, and realize it isn't so bad after all. Still, I'd really like to conquer those waiting room fears. Advice from other actors on how they cope with nerves would be really appreciated!I am a young actress and I find experience a lot of anxiety leading up to auditions and callbacks?Any advice?
Well, you have to do two things. First of all don/t care about the audition so much. There will be tons of them and most you wont get. Therefore, Second, you need to approach acting more easily. Look at each audition and call back as an opportunity to have fun, that is what acting is after all, playing and having fun. Each audition and call back is another chance to have fun. So do that. Need more help with your career? I mentor aspiring actors at no charge. Click on my name, read my profile and write me at my aol address for more info. DocI am a young actress and I find experience a lot of anxiety leading up to auditions and callbacks?Any advice?
i know it sounds cheesy, but take very deep breaths, and close your eyes.


think ';if i go great, then great! If i blow it they will never remember me anyway and i will learn a lesson';


also, as long as you have your lines well memorized, forget it all right before you go in. do not be going over your lines in your head again and again in the waiting room; this will make you extremely anxious.


i read this somewhere: when your in a waiting room, and you are feeling fearful, turn that fear into anger. anger about anything in the world. from then, anger can be easily turned into amazing energy, which will make a great performance.
Just breathe, and tell yourself that whatever happens will happen, and you just have to try your best and know that things will work out for the best in the end, whether you get in or not!!! And just try to calm down and remind yourself that acting is what you love!!!!!
Go into the audition as if you already have the job. Don't tell yourself your auditioning, tell yourself you are performing. There's an underlying confidence that takes over when you do this. And if the nerves are still there...just use them. Breathe into them, let them fill you up, do a rag doll (who cares what you look like to anyone else in the room, they'll only be thinking, ';Oh, she/he seems really confident cause she doesn't care what she looks like.';). Sounds really strange...but it's true.





And smile...at everyone...say hi, break the tension. You'll find your own way to handle all of this as you keep auditioning, but these are just some things to try for now.





All the best to you!
  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment