Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why should I take advice on eternal matters from some guy named Bob?

Who is this guy? How come he gets to know things that I don't? Why should I trust some dude who mows his lawn and puts his pants on one leg at a time when he tells me the bound paper he's holding came express, via other guys named Bob, from the Creator of the Universe? So He tells me that I have a choice: believe or burn. Then He can't answer the simple questions, like: Is masturbating wrong? What happened to all the people who died before anyone heard of Jesus?Why should I take advice on eternal matters from some guy named Bob?
i don't know ';c.j.';Why should I take advice on eternal matters from some guy named Bob?
I dunno who that guy is....





I would imagine, education...





you should trust all those who have not given you reason not to...





yes you do have a choice to accept Christ and live or not and choose Hell as your residence for eternity...





yes it is a lust of the flesh and is wrong...





they that believed in their hearts what God was telling the world will be saved..
Because if he quotes from a book that people made an agreement on that is holy and the only truth... Then, he has the authority to be always right.





Ugh.





I agree with you. It makes me cringe that people are that gullible.
You should never listen to anyone who thinks they know what happens after someone dies. Because they are not dead.
is it no? its self discovery. is my opinion worthy.
I don't think you should trust anyone. In my opinion you ought to investigate eternal matters for yourself. When one's eternal destiny rests on the truth, one ought to be really sure about what they believe.





Maybe you should check out the Bible--that express delivery from the creator--for yourself. Any religion worth following has answers for your questions. As you seek answers you should also take advantage of centuries of scholarly work that has been done around the Bible and the theology of Christianity. Some of the best human minds in history have had a lot to say about the Bible. You might want to give some of them a chance instead of listening to the drivel that runs so sloppily through R%26amp;S.





What Bob ought to have told you is that masturbation is wrong because it is a way of getting our own satisfaction from something other than Jesus. We're substituting a momentary pleasure for the true relationship with God. There are appropriate ways to seek satisfaction--such as sex between husband and wife--and there are inappropriate ones.





Bob also ought to have told you that the people who died before Jesus came are heaven or hell bound based on whether they trusted in God's promised redeemer. The NT is very clear that folks like Abraham are in heaven because they trusted God and it was credited to them as righteousness.





Feel free to e-mail me questions. My name isn't Bob, but I'll do my best to answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment