Monday, August 23, 2010

I need advice on travelling and living in Costa Rica?

I am planning on making a move to Costa Rica to possibly teach English. I am wondering if anyone has any advice or resources that may be of some use?I need advice on travelling and living in Costa Rica?
There is an America living in Costa Rica that actually has a really nice website full of tons of information on moving to CR.





www.therealcostarica.com





I usually check this site before visiting for any health issues that i need to be aware of, but I've played around in the other stuff, and its a very comprehensive site.I need advice on travelling and living in Costa Rica?
Learning English has been very popular among Costa Ricans for decades, and still is one of the most attractive skills for locals. However it is very important for you to determine the realistic options that you will find specially based on the limitations that you will face if you do not have a Temporary Work Permit. My first advice is to make sure that you will be able to work legally in Costa Rica. In order for you to receive this legal status, you will have to demonstrate the qualifications and find a Costa Rican Language School to Sponsor you.
There are many English speaking North Americans (ie: USA, Canada) that have relocated and live in Costa Rica that offer first-hand information on what it is like, things to be aware of, things you must experience, etc.





As the author of one of these sites my only advice is to avoid sites with commercial interests in having you buy what they are selling ... being as the information given can be somewhat skewed.





The sources listed below are but some of the resources available for comprehensive, personal knowledge of Costa Rica from various points of view:
Getting the permission to work here it's really easy... Just don't give up...


If you have experience teaching, you will get a good job. It depends in which area you're gonna live, but the best high-schools or schools are located in San Jose and Heredia... You can apply for a job at this colleges.. Try:


- Saint Francis


- Saint Clare


- Lincoln


- Britanica


- Country Day School


- Blue Valley





I remember when I was in college, the year I learned the most was when I had an American teacher... One year later I had an English teacher... After those 2 years I got regular Costa Rican english teachers... But You cannot compare... Thanks for bringing your Native language to our country.. English is easy to read and write.. But it's really hard for people here when they have to talk.. Anyway





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment