Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sometimes interesting music compositions comes to my mind but I don't know how to put it on paper? Any advice?

I don't have the skills to play the piano and I don't know anything about music. It just flows to me. What should i do?Sometimes interesting music compositions comes to my mind but I don't know how to put it on paper? Any advice?
Learn to read the notes and you'll be able to put down your music in notes and thus eternitate your composition.Sometimes interesting music compositions comes to my mind but I don't know how to put it on paper? Any advice?
music is a simple math hidden in little dots and lines, composing is a harder, but still simple math.





get a piece of blank sheet music, and draw out each note in order, then write the letter of the note underneath the note, after you complete that try and find a cheap keyboard($25-$50), and very simple music, look back on your sheet and match up the notes with your letters(write the letters on the music you get)this builds and eventully you will be able to just read it.





then pick up a book on ';musical theory, and instramentation';


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

but this can help you with the basics(this math is used alot, and leads to more complex math types):





arpeggio- major (key note=1) 1-5-8-13, example:c-e-g-c.


arpeggio-minor:1-4-8-13, example c-d#-g-c.





chords basic set up:


Major---- 1,5,8. Minor------- 1,4,8.


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

key:





c c# d d# e f f# g g# a a# b c


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hi, I'm DAZ3626





I used to be like you. But then i did Music GCSE lol. and i'm currently doing A-Level Music.





But if you're not that serious, try downloading or buying music software that doesn't require notation, such as Cubase or Cubasis, Logic, Garageband, etc.





or look for a recording programme and record different layers. or make your own code of writing music so that you can remember it.








I Hope I've Helped :D
Get a computer program that will let you input with mouse or typewriter keyboard, then have it play it back. If it's wrong just change it till it sounds right. Sibelius is good.
record it, if its a song just sing it into a recorder, if it's a tune just hmm the tune into the recorder. or with any ideas you may have do the same.





hope i helped

No comments:

Post a Comment