Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Looking for a tintable cake glaze, any advice?

I'm trying my hand at decorating and want a recipe for a glaze, gelatin or icing that can be tinted a nice deep blue. I am looking to create a glossy ';water/pond'; effect for a project I'm tinkering with and the only recipes I find are opaque. Any links or advice are highly appreciated.Looking for a tintable cake glaze, any advice?
Depending on what you are tinkering with you, can use the blue candy mints. I don't know what the are called, but the come in the peppermint party bag. they are usually the ones no one eats. or you can use blue cough drops. Or melt a blue sucker. Or make hard candy and color it blue. www.candymaking.net has a great recipe for your regular hard candy.Looking for a tintable cake glaze, any advice?
here's my favorite glaze mix powdered sugar with a small amount of water and lemon juice. you can color it blue by add pureed blueberries or blue food coloring.
icing gel can be tinted blue %26amp; makes a great water/pond. just add a touch of blue or green food coloring. i have made a pond cake using this %26amp; it turned out great. i have pics if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment