Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can anyone give me advice on good quality paint brushes?

I do a lot of oil painting and I find that the supposedly good quality paint brushes I bought last time loose hairs.Can anyone give me advice on good quality paint brushes?
If you soak them in water, the wood expands and the hairs dont come out. Ask at any good art shop and they will let you know. You can usually tell by the price. You get what you pay for.Can anyone give me advice on good quality paint brushes?
get





http://www.hamilton-acorn.co.uk/





or


http://www.purdycorp.com/





you can also get some brushes that are guaranteed no bristle loss basically the more you pay better the quality but you need to ensure that you clean and look after the brushes for best long term results
Sable hair. In my opinion. They're somewhat more expensive then the other fine hairs but always reliable. Squirrel works too.
i always buy the most expensive ones as the hairs usually come out of the cheaper ones

No comments:

Post a Comment