Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice about a home remedy for dandruff?

I've had bad dandruff since around the time puberty started. Head and Shoulders works only so much- I still have flakes and my scalp is still itchy like mad. Tonight, I had enough and researched home remedies for dandruff, and found a simple one of using vinegar. I tried it, and so far so good. My scalp isn't itching as it normally does after washing my hair with Head and Shoulders.





My question is, however, how harmful is this to my hair, if at all? How often should I do this to minimize any potential damage? Thanks.





[I wasn't sure where to put this, so please tell me if it's in the wrong category.]Advice about a home remedy for dandruff?
A few remedies that you can try at home are:





- Apply coconut oil on your scalp and leave it for an hour. After an hour, apply lemon juice and massage your scalp. Leave it on for another hour, and then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo. This will leave your hair shiny and without any dandruff flakes.





- Take an egg, beat it and apply on the scalp and leave it for an hour. Shampoo your hair and you will find that the dandruff has disappeared.Advice about a home remedy for dandruff?
I've used apple cidar vinegar a few times, smells awful lol. It's supposed to help balance the ph, that's why it's supposed to work for that. Another thing to try is some tea tree oil, a few drops in your shampoo. Just use a good conditioner on your ends. Here's the site I like using for home remedies, doesn't say how often to use it, I would say every other day until it's under control, then a few times a week for maintenance. Just massage it into your scalp, not all your hair.


Not sure if this will go right to the page, may have to search around a bit, but it's easy to navigate:


http://www.health911.com/





This one click on human uses:





http://www.teatreeoiluses.com/household-鈥?/a>





.
Believe it or not Mayonnaise is a very good remedy. It will make your hair shiny and healthy as well as moisturize your scalp. good luck...
It's not harmful at all, it just helps the shampoo rinse away better. I use head and shoulders too, the intensive treatment, and I also use pantene conditioner. It has worked very well. For bad times try Nutragena T-Gel. It's a more expensive one but works wonders. Dermatologists usually prescribe it or at least recommend it. Another remedy is using Tea Tree Oil. You can find this in any beauty supply store where the acrylic nail supplies are. It kills and prevents fungus. Dandruff is caused by a fungus. Mix about a teaspoon into your shampoo and rinse normally. It will burn if you have open scabs and it smells funny but also works very very well.





Good luck.
I can't stand Head and Shoulders. But thats my opinion. [:





Anyway, I reckon you could use the vinegar about 2 or 3 times a week. But not every night.


Vinegar is great for dandruff too (well, duh).





Here are some other remidies for dandruff that you could try;


http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/10/dandr鈥?/a>





Best of luck [:
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) the best!!! Rinse your hair with a half and half solution with water. As your problem improves,(and it WILL), go to one third ACV and two thirds water. The vinegar works primarily due to it's acidic content.
I kinda have the same problem but not as bad as yours. I use coconut oil which u can get probably at a grocery store or some kind or herbal store. You put a lot on and rub it in so your scalp can get moisture cause right now it seems dry. These shampos are all chemicals and dumb. I use coconut oil and soak it on my scalp in the mornings on weekends so it stays on my hair all day. Doing it on weekdays is kinda dumb cause of school or work and nights are not good since it will rub off on your pillows at night.
A herbal rinse is a safe method of removing dandruff. Apply lemon juice with the rind on the scalp .After 5 minutes wash off with shampoo and water. More simple remedies at http://usefulinfo-dandruff.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment