Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need to get rid of my fridge, but i'd like to have it recycled instead of just throwing it away. Advice?

I'd like for someone to come get it and recycle it.... anyone know any services in Los Angeles that does this?I need to get rid of my fridge, but i'd like to have it recycled instead of just throwing it away. Advice?
Around here, it's illegal to release the CFCs and the garbage co. won't pick them up unless they have a seal on them that this has been done.





With the price of scrap metal, you may be able to haul them to the scrap yard (where they'll probably get crushed and shipped to China).





But for $10, the appliance store took mine and recycled it.I need to get rid of my fridge, but i'd like to have it recycled instead of just throwing it away. Advice?
Use your yellow pages and call a used appliance store. They may do it, for a fee. I live in NW OH and all we do is put them out on the curb the day before garbage. Usually gone in less than an hour.
I've seen people make them into a smoker. hehe
I just went through the same thing and I just loaded it up in my truck and took it (Refrigerator) to one of those re-cycle places. Besides not just throwing it in some land fill, I got money for it. (Only $10.00 but $10.00 more than I would have received by just throwing it out).

No comments:

Post a Comment