Tuesday, November 22, 2011

20yr old looking for advice on how to handle a DUI offense and also information on the consequences?

I am 20yrs old, bday is in august.I go to school and work.I have never been arrested nor had liscence suspended. I live in LA. Bac was .16 I think. No one was injured. I was arrested but no one read me my rights. I'm seeking any information on what to do or what I should expect in court. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!20yr old looking for advice on how to handle a DUI offense and also information on the consequences?
Forget about the ridiculous ';no one read me my rights'; line, everyone says that. And since you're under 21, any measurable alcohol is a DUI (if you were at .16, you were DOUBLE the legal limit). You will lose your license until you're 21 (at least), have a huge fine, alcohol school and will have attent at least six AA meetings as well as being on probation. Some people will suggest getting a lawyer but I can assure you all it will do is have you go first in court, the fines will be the same. Just go to court and take your punishment. You won't go to jail and it's possible, when you meet with your counselor after, to have it set up so you can drive to and from work. No one being injured has nothing to do with anything. The DUIs for people under 21 are worse than for people over, so you're going to have a rough year.20yr old looking for advice on how to handle a DUI offense and also information on the consequences?
Since you were never read your Miranda Rights, they may not be able to do anything. Go to a lawyer, it will be worth your money. make preparations for an alcohol dependence program, this will hopefully keep you out of jail. be aware that the corrections department eats young people up. I'm not trying to be mean,, it's the truth. You have no idea...make sure you handle this well. you don't need to be told to give up the grape juice right?
Go and take your punishment and be honest. Dont drive intoxicated in the future. As for not being read your rights. Well here in Wisconsin and Im sure in most of the states you dont have to be read your rights (Miranda) as an OWI doesnt constitute a custody interrogation and your rights do not need to be read to you.
I would go to findlaw.com, and see if your BAC would constitute a felony. Then I would stop drinking all together. Volunteer to attend an AA group and I drunk driving course. But, I am sure that you will still have to pay about 5,000 worth of fines and lawyers fees on top of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment